Basic knowledge of stamping mould making process
source：Hongmaoda Mould Co.,ltd Writer： Stamping mould maker Time：2021-02-25 00:07 Browse：
What is metal stamping? In short, in fact, metal stamping is a kind of material cold processing technology. It is a kind of special process equipment that uses mold to process metal materials into parts or shapes. It is called cold stamping mold, which is also called cold stamping mold in China. Stamping is usually carried out at room temperature. The mould is installed on the stamping machine, and then the material is pressed to produce plastic deformation, so that the material becomes the shape of the mould and the required parts are obtained. Stamping mould drawing stamping machine is very simple. A standard equipment on the market is the bearing body of the die. The stamping machine has different tonnage. According to the size of the stamping product and the thickness of the material, different tonnage stamping machines should be selected.
The shape and accuracy of the parts play a decisive role in the stamping die, which is crucial. The accuracy of the mould determines the accuracy of the parts. So the structure of the mold, mold types are also many.
From the perspective of metal stamping process, common molds should have the following processes:
1. Blanking die, a mould that separates the material along the closed or open contour. For example, we often see blanking die, punching die, cutting die, cutting die, trimming die, cutting mould and so on in the die, which all play the role of blanking, so they are collectively referred to as blanking die.
2. Drawing mould is a kind of mould which can draw materials into open hollow parts or further change the shape and size of hollow parts.
3. Forming mould is a kind of mould that directly copies the blank or semi-finished product according to the shape of punch and mould in the drawing, but the material itself only produces local plastic deformation. Such as bulging die, necking die, expanding die, relief forming die, flanging die, shaping die, etc.
4. Riveting mould is to use external force to make the parts join or lap together in a certain order and way, so as to form a whole.
From the perspective of metal stamping process, the mold can be divided into the following categories:
1. Single stamping die, which is the simplest one of the dies, can be formed in one step. In one action of the press, only one stamping process is completed.
2. Compound die, only one process and action, in a stamping machine action, in the same process at the same time to complete two or more metal stamping process of the mold.
3. Continuous die, also known as progressive mould by some masters, is a kind of relatively difficult die. It uses automatic material feeder and has two or more processes at the same time. In one action of the press, it completes two or more stamping processes in different processes one by one.
4. Transfer die, which integrates the characteristics of single process mould and continuous stamping die, uses the manipulator transfer system to realize the rapid transfer of products in the die, which can greatly improve the production efficiency of products, reduce the production cost of products, save the material cost, and has the characteristics of stable and reliable quality, which is convenient for mould maintenance.
With the use of hardware parts more and more widely, and the requirements of parts are higher and higher, so the requirements for mold are also higher and higher. On the road of Seiko power, China has a long way to go, and there are also higher challenges and breakthroughs.